Strategic Plan 2016-2020
NIPHC Goals and Objectives
Goal 1: Enact a regional policy agenda to promote community health priorities.
- Influence public health decisions made at the local, state and federal level that affect the northern Illinois region.
- Develop a regional policy position to revise the Illinois Administrative Code Section 600.400: Certified Local Health Department Code Public Health Practice Standards to support a regional approach to community health assessment and planning incorporating cross-jurisdictional and local hospital systems required to complete Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA).
- Work with IDPH partners in making accreditation reciprocal to IPLAN Certification incorporating principles of deemed status.
Goal 2: Ensure the regional public health infrastructure is maintained and optimally enhanced.
- Adopt NACCHO's operational definition of a local health department.
- Submit a collaborative grant proposal development process for NIPHC Board members to vet.
Goal 3: Enact a chronic disease action plan for the region.
- Develop a Chronic Disease Action Plan proposal which shall include two collaborative policy, systems or environmental (PSE) change initiatives to be executed regionally, with coordinated media, including social media.
- Chronic Disease Committee members join planning or coordinated planning efforts related to the Chronic Disease Action Plan at the regional or state-wide level.
- Chronic Disease Committee provides a report to the NIPHC board on the Chronic Disease Action Plan and provides a proposal for 2018 Chronic Disease Action Plan.
Alignment with LHD Community Health Improvement plan priorities:
Identified IPLAN Priorities among NIPHC LHDs (number of member LHDs prioritizing in top 3-5):