- Committee Chair – Kimberly Conrad-Junius
- Committee Vice-Chairs – Keri Zaleski and Ellen L. Genrich
- Board Member Liaison- Barbara Jeffers
The Communications Committee consists of Public Information Officers (PIOs) from NIPHC and surrounding health departments. These representatives coordinate and collaborate on the development and sharing of press releases, educational messages, communication strategies, tools, and other public information for public health prevention campaigns. They also coordinate their statements to ensure consistent messaging during regional public health emergencies and events.
- Responsible for the media component of NIPHC’s campaign to increase vaccination rates in northern Illinois.
- Updating NIPHC communication guidance documents to help ensure prompt and standardized communication during emergency public health regional events.
- Developing additional public health key messages to incorporate into NIPHC’s resource book of message maps for PIOs.