- Committee Co-Chair – Lisa Dallmeyer, RN, BSN, MPH
- Committee Co-Chair – Shamika Smith
- Board Member Liaison – Catherine A. Counard, MD, MPH
The NIPHC Infectious Disease Committee is comprised of local health department medical officers, nursing and communicable disease directors and staff, and lead staff from the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH). Its mission is to coordinate and enhance communicable disease reporting, identification, investigation, control, and prevention through planning, training and event response in the region.
- Share and provide expertise on a number of issues related to communicable diseases.
- Serve as a forum to exchange information with IDPH and work with the state on communicable disease issues including immunizations and disease reporting.
- Work with medical associations and providers to promote vaccination under NIPHC’s immunization promotion campaign.